The student news site of Oviedo High School in Oviedo, FL

Oviedo Journalism

Oviedo Journalism

Oviedo Journalism

D’Amico & Sons New Italian Deli Arrives in Oviedo

Front shot of D’Amico & Sons Italian Market & Bakery located at Oviedo on the Mall.
Luke Thompson

A few months ago, the Oviedo Mall got a new addition with a brand new Italian deli. There are options to shop for food products or order a pizza and a cannoli to then eat in their beautiful outside setting. D’Amico & Sons has a wide selection of desserts, from macarons, gelato, cookies and hard crust bread. It also gives it a vibe of a classic Italian pizzeria with the wonderful smells and hot and ready pizza. 

How could an Italian deli fit in the middle of Oviedo, right next to a broken mall? One thing that makes D’Amico special is the brilliant atmosphere. You can hear a lot of Frank Sinatra and classical Italian music. There are fantastic murals of classic Italian traditions alongside the walls of the building, giving a comfortable feeling of being in Italy. The service was amazing, some clearly with Italian roots, and could not be nicer. They were quick and understanding at the counter, making purchasing an item or ordering a pizza pie very easy. 

D’Amico could be a fresh start for the Oviedo Mall. For several years, the Oviedo Mall has been generally accepted to be falling apart. Many stores & businesses have shut down, and normally it is like a ghost town. The deli opening could bring back many people to possibly lift it back up and bring back the old spirit the mall used to have. 

The food seems appealing, along with the great selection the store offers, but does it actually live up to its looks? Does it taste good? Well, the food at there is absolutely delicious. Everything is made out of real, authentic ingredients, and nothing tastes cheap, as all foods are fairly priced. One can always expect to afford a decent snack from D’Amico. They also serve glass bottles that feel elegant, and the food is freshly made with a traditional Italian style.  

D’Amico & Sons was a wonderful choice to open near the Oviedo Mall, and it is a must go. Not only is it a trip to a restaurant, it is a whole adventure with the feeling of being in a completely different country.