The student news site of Oviedo High School in Oviedo, FL

Oviedo Journalism

Oviedo Journalism

Oviedo Journalism

Top 10: Spencer Mallott flies into college

Logan Hayes
Spencer Mallot smiles with a degree of accomplishment after looking back at four years well spent. Mallot is one of Oviedo High School’s top ten seniors for this school year. It is a rigorous thing to achieve that costs a lot from the student who actually does it. “I’m very proud of the position because it shows how much work I’ve put into my academics.”

Included as one of the Top 10 seniors this 2023-2024 school year, Spencer Mallot has stormed through academic success and has achieved a high GPA. It’s quite difficult to achieve such a title because in order to get a GPA over 4.0, the student must have an A in every single class. This requires determination, focus and self-management. Mallott used these qualities to become a Top 10 senior. 

“I’m very proud of the position because it shows how much work I’ve put into my academics and commitment,” Mallott said. “It reflects on what I’ve done and my success.”

Mallott couldn’t have done everything alone. A huge step to the finish line, in any sort of education, requires a strong influence. Math teacher Saida Griesmer had one of the biggest impacts on

Mallot’s life. She takes a challenging course and turns it into something exciting and worth learning, making it simple to understand and overcome. She shared how good of a student Mallott really is and these factors are a huge lead into being incredibly successful. 

“Spencer is truly a one of a kind of student. He has a kind and patient heart too. He is so friendly and loved by all his peers that he can get along with anyone,” said Griesmer. “Spence always pushes the bound of his knowledge and wants to know why. He is so quick to understand and make connections in math at such a high level!”

Not only is Mallott successful in the classroom learning courses like history, but they are very involved in the school’s clubs. 

“I’m a part of Brainbowl and the French Club,” Mallet said. “I’ve always loved French a lot because my dad did it when he was in high school and would teach me when I was young.” 

Once Mallott graduates, they are considering studying abroad and learning more about the foreign language. 

“Between FSU and UF, I’m planning on doing a double master in psychology, or study abroad and take my chances to learn more about French,” Mallot said.

Nearing graduation, Mallott’s entire experience at Oviedo High School couldn’t have been better. 

My experience at Oviedo High School has been overwhelmingly positive,” Mallot said.. 

Mallott isn’t just a podium winner on campus but outside of school too. They shared an interesting story about their personal life outside of school that helps encourage and build team making. “Outside of school I’m a part of Odyssey of the Mind team where we make eight minute skits to create the best performance.” Mallot’s team performs these skits in front of judges at competitions, and this year won 2nd place. 

An amazing way to end off their journey in high school, Mallott gains their place among the Top 10. This is only the beginning, the next step is going into college to possibly study abroad and travel to expand their knowledge of French or the way of the mind. Like the Top 10 achievement, many more shall come towards Mallot to open up a whole new life in front of them.

View Comments (1)
Donate to Oviedo Journalism
$700
$1000
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Oviedo High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting and printing costs. Thank you!