Inflatables bring holiday cheer to campus

HOLIDAY+CHEER-+Festive+inflatables+have+appeared+around+campus+as+winter+break+approaches.+

Diego Lara

HOLIDAY CHEER- Festive inflatables have appeared around campus as winter break approaches.

This story was originally published in the second edition of The Lion’s Tale (December 13th, 2021).

Here at Oviedo High School (OHS), some new friends have appeared around campus. In order to spruce up our campus for the holidays, some inflatable blow-up decorations have been placed in the courtyards and front areas to show the holiday spirit. 

The large minions and Mickey Mouse characters are just some of the few of these decorations. The menorah is also featured in our inflatable display, bringing in traditions that many students contribute to, such as Hanukkah. 

While OHS has been doing these decorations for the past two years, they continue to bring the same amount of holiday spirit and joy to campus. Many students even take selfies and pictures with the decorations. 

“I love it as it adds to getting ready for the holidays. This time of year is stressful with the end of semester and exams coming up. They are a way to bring some celebration and positive spirit to school,” said Dr. Daniel. 

Not only are we entering one of the most stressful times of the year as students and teachers, the holidays approaching can also be a difficult time for many. These fun characters and holiday decorations hopefully brighten everyone’s day and make this upcoming time more easy to tackle.

Bringing joy and fun to campus is always exciting and makes a hard day a little bit better. Many students enjoy these decorations and getting into the holiday spirit. Being able to have the decorations on campus, courtesy of Ms. Hollis-Childress, is such a great way to get everyone on campus into the holiday spirit.