Dance team teaches rhythm, moves

Angela Futato

Mane Attraction dancers teach moves to students who attend the clinic on Oct. 1.

WEB EXCLUSIVE

The dance floor held more than just high schoolers as teenagers taught kicks and spins to younger dancers. On Saturday, Oct. 1, the Mane Attraction Dance Team (MADT) and coach Angela Futato hosted a dance clinic. Over 40 dancers attended, ranging from grades K-12.

Mane Attraction plans to perform before the game, with all clinic participants, at the rescheduled home game today versus University High School-Orange City.

“This clinic was our best yet,” Futato said. “I look forward to seeing the attendees with their performance at Tuesday’s football game.”

MADT is highly encouraging students to come out to watch the game and their performance, as they work hard to entertain fans at all sporting events.

“We practice very hard and put a lot of hours into our dances so that they will excite the crowd,” said sophomore MADT member Emily Wightman.

The team has put in just as much work to make sure that the up-and-coming dancers that were present for the clinic got training and assistance to become better dancers.

“A good dancer has good technique, is a hard worker and is extremely dedicated to perfecting their skills,” Futato said.

We practice very hard and put a lot of hours into our dances so that they will excite the crowd.

— Sophomore Emily Wightman

Whether that goal was achieved will be determined pregame tonight, as the team–with their trainees–hope to please the crowd at John Courier field.

“Football season is really exciting,” said MADT captain, senior Olivia Smith. “It’s fun to support all of the teams at their games.”