The student news site of Oviedo High School in Oviedo, FL

Oviedo Journalism

Oviedo Journalism

Oviedo Journalism

Senior Breakfast: Worth the Wait

Seniors London Cooper and Alexis Bowman pick up their senior treats. Sporting their senior spirit week attire, they add a splash of personality to their days.

Senior year is known to be one of the most fun and stressful years of a student’s high school career. Therefore, there are many specialized events for seniors to celebrate everything they have experienced and everything they are going to experience in the future. One such event is Oviedo High School’s Senior Breakfast event which this year occurred on Wednesday, April 3rd.

Being a Senior can be a great experience because of events like this one. “[Being a senior] it’s one of the best years of high school,” senior Aaliyah Montañez Moran said. Some students, like Senior London Cooper, have looked forward to the events for over a year. “I specifically remember this event from last year because of how many tables and how much good breakfast is served. I was actually most hyped for this event because of how much I can eat, the type of buffet, and I wanted to eat with my friends,” Cooper said. 

This event requires a lot of work to make happen. Stacey Alloway and Monal Patel worked hard to organize the event for the students.

Stacey Alloway, parent of senior Davis Alloway said, “We organized a team and met multiple times to discuss how to make the Senior Breakfast an overall success. We were in constant communication with each other to divide and conquer, reaching out to both parents and the families of our students of the school, as well as local organizations to provide everything needed for the event.” 

The Senior Breakfast featured a variety of sweet treats, like pastries, cookies, donuts. There were also breakfast items such as bacon, coffee, juice, hash browns. Pre-ordered cap and gowns, yard signs, and free senior T-shirts were also available at the event. 

“Everything provided at the Senior Breakfast was either donated by our generous parents and families, local community organizations such as Publix, the Donut Patch, Walmart, Fresh Market, Chicken Salad Chick, Crumble Cookie, and Two Smart Cookies, as well as our PTSA,” Stacey Alloway said.  This event was an undertaking performed through the help of volunteers like these parents and organizations. “My goal is to make sure we have a smooth breakfast experience for the seniors,” Manal Patel, mom of senior Ayan Patel said. 

Overall, the community joined together to create this event for the seniors at our school. The seniors were appreciative of these efforts and were glad to have the time to come together to celebrate their successes. The anticipated event was truly enjoyed by all in attendance and juniors await the day they can enjoy these events.

View Comments (7)
Donate to Oviedo Journalism
$700
$1000
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Oviedo High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting and printing costs. Thank you!