Water polo stars, Colton White and Noah Tikoo, rise

Maddy Baczek

Water polo finished their season with a record of 10-6. Photo by Danielle Stein.

Brady Vaiarella, Reporter

Water polo finished their season with a record of 10-6, earning themselves a district championship in the process. Along the way, different players were able to step up to the challenge of providing valuable assistance to the teams success.

Colton White and Noah Tikoo are both sophomores but are in their first year at Oviedo High School. White comes from the bay area of California and Tikoo is from Chicago, giving the team a broader spectrum of players. 

Both are experienced in water polo where they had important roles on their respective teams last year as freshmen. This year, both found success with the Lions netting over a combined 40 goals, contributing to a large margin of the teams scoring.

After the seniors’ departure, both boys are going to play a huge part in the rebuilding of the program. Both are looking to work hard over the summer playing with club teams in order to enhance their skills.

“We lacked a lot of talent as we have a lot of new players who can become good,” Tikoo said.

The team this year was very young, with only four seniors and the rest of the team being predominantly sophomores. Over the summer, players participate in club events in order to be conditioned and ready for next spring.

The team looks to become more cohesive and work together as a unit. The team lacked ball movement, which is one of the things they look to work on this summer.

Both look to become stronger leaders bringing the team together even though they will only be juniors next year.

“I’m going to try and bring the team together through team activities and during practice,” White said.

If they both stay consistent with their training, Oviedo boys water polo hope to seek a promising future with a lot of young players manning the roster.